Writing Your Own Psalm
There is no exact science to writing your own psalm, but here are a few suggestions to help get
- Find a quiet place to be alone with God. Put aside any distractions that could keep you from focusing on Jesus.
- Open your heart to the Holy Spirit. Ask God to reveal any unconfessed sin in your life. Confess and repent of that sin, asking God to restore you to a right relationship with Him.
- Think through the three types of psalms you learned about, and decide which type of psalm is most suitable for you in this moment. Will it be a:
a. Psalm of orientation
c. Psalm of reorientation
God, how do I reconnect with you after the pain?4.
4. Be honest with yourself and God. Allow yourself to access the thoughts, emotions and ideas that
5. Offer your psalm to God. When you are finished writing, read the psalm back to God as an act